[comp.sys.atari.st] Problems with PD UUCICO!?

hikaru@rmi.UUCP (06/08/87)

I have used the PD uucico program for about two days, and have encountered
the following problems.
(Not necessarily bugs in the program but rather 'operator stupidity'. If
so, please let me know.)

SLAVE Mode:
The modem initialisation string and the login sequence is sent to the
screen and not to the RS-232 port.

MASTER Mode:
1. When the program is started with "uucico -r1", it prints a line for
   every system in l.sys and 'says' NO WORK, even though I have created
   work files with names according to the docs.
   (ex.: crmi678 for the remote system rmi, or caltg954 for the remote
    system altger. Are these names correct, or what filenames have to be
    used?)

2. When the program is started with "uucico -r1 -ssysname", it calls the
   remote system specified, gets past login and Shere=sysname, sends some
   characters, and then hangs up.
   The uucico debugfile (PROTO) shows the following:
       startup (master): 1st msg = 'Shere=altger'
       startup (master): 2nd msg = RLOGIN
       MAIN:          state = O__

   uulog on the remote UNIX system (Sys V) says:
   "FAILED (BAD LOGIN/MACHINE NAME)"

Ideas anyone?

holloway@drivax.UUCP (Bruce Holloway) (06/16/87)

In article <8000006@rmi.UUCP> hikaru@rmi.UUCP writes:

>MASTER Mode:
>1. When the program is started with "uucico -r1", it prints a line for
>   every system in l.sys and 'says' NO WORK, even though I have created
>   work files with names according to the docs.

I found the same thing. I haven't tried taking all the sample files, and
just replacing the names with the ones appropriate to my site, but that
might be something.

>2. When the program is started with "uucico -r1 -ssysname", it calls the
>   remote system specified, gets past login and Shere=sysname, sends some
>   characters, and then hangs up.

Hmmm... this worked for me. I sent mail to myself (anything!me) from drivax,
then went home, ran UUCICO -r1 -sdrivax, and (after a bit of a delay - why?)
UUCICO called up DRI, transferred the files, then hung up. No problems.

The UUCP login I used has UUCICO in slave mode as the shell. But if it comes
up with Shere=, then you probably have that right, too.

Eagerly awaiting the source and bug fixes,
Bruce