[comp.sys.atari.st] GDOS extensions???

starner@BURDVAX.PRC.UNISYS.COM (Mark L. Starner .) (06/25/87)

This may be an old question, but how does one get hold of
the GDOS extensions for TOS?

In the Compute Book: ATARI ST: VDI that say that without the GDOS
extensions, you cannot specify new defaults for the (for example)
opnvwks call.

I have tried specifying enw defaults in the input array to the call,
and they truly do not take effect. The attribute calls can change it.

I am using Mark Williams C Version 2.

Thanks
Mark

kevin@LINDY.STANFORD.EDU (Kevin Burnett) (06/25/87)

In article <8706242217.AA05641@burdvax.PRC.Unisys.COM> starner@burdvax writes:
>This may be an old question, but how does one get hold of
>the GDOS extensions for TOS?
>
>In the Compute Book: ATARI ST: VDI that say that without the GDOS
>extensions, you cannot specify new defaults for the (for example)
>opnvwks call.
This is really beginning to irritate me. When the hell are we going to see
GDOS for the ST?? This is something that should have been available from
DAY 1. I was really ticked off when I couldn't do any of the neat stuff
GDOS will supposedly do when I got my machine, after all the ST was billed
as being able to do this stuff.
  And when am I going to see some decent technical documents? I can't afford
$300 for the damned 'developer's kit'!  "Atari ST Internals" contains some
obnoxious errors, and from what I can tell the BIOS listing in the back is
for a version of RAM TOS! That's a real help to me. I mean, come on, even
(dare I say it) IBM is better about such things.
--
Kevin Burnett
Stanford Linear Accelerator Centre / Santa Clara Class of '88