[comp.sys.atari.st] MWC and STADEL

trb@stag.UUCP ( Todd Burkey ) (06/26/87)

In article <52@laura.irb.informatik> at@unido.UUCP (Andreas Toenne) writes:
>Hi,
>
>has anyone collected all known bugs in MWC 2.0 ??
>I am quite happy with the old version (and I know all its bugs :-)
>but 2.0 is probably better.

2.0 is also faster...I haven't had any problems (or had any strange
glitches) with the 2.0 version yet. Had quite a few with prior
versions (developing HDSCAN). Speaking of HDSCAN, I will repost the
1.3 version as soon as I can locate a copy of DUMAS uuencode...I have
had too many people report that 1.3 didn't checksum right, so will
have to try uuencoding it on the ST. Would some kind soul please
re-post the DUMAS uuencode/uudecode so that we all have the same
version? It would be nice if someone near a main backbone could post
it every two months or so, since the number of ST readers on the net
appears to be growing quite rapidly (at least here in the cities...)

STADEL Update...In answer to a question a few messages back...ORC
appears to be taking a 'break from computing' to keep from going
insane and 'breaking the computer', so I am not sure how soon the uucp
code for STADEL will be released...Dale Schumaker has a hacked version
that he uses now to get mail and comp.sys.atari.st news (forwarded as
mail by my system). Dale wrote the entire uucico/uux capability by
reading the rfc specs that he downloaded from my system so when the
code gets into Citadel, there should be no PD problems from AT&T...

  -Todd Burkey
  ...ihnp4!meccts!stag!trb