[comp.sys.atari.st] I'm not dead yet....

turner@imagen.UUCP (05/27/87)

I'd like to thank all of the kind people who have offered to take
over the moderating task from me, HOWEVER, I have high hopes of
landing a job with a company that has usenet access. So hang in
there and remember the words of Mark Twain " The reports of my death
are greatly exaggerated."

If on the other hand things don't work out, I am keeping a list of
volunteers and will cross post the list to all members of it and
allow them to decide who should take over.

--
---------------
C'est la vie, C'est la guerre, C'est la pomme de terre

leilabd@cvaxa.UUCP (06/08/87)

> I'd like to thank all of the kind people who have offered to take
> over the moderating task from me, HOWEVER, I have high hopes of
> C'est la vie, C'est la guerre, C'est la pomme de terre

I'm very pleased to hear that Turner is still of this world.  However, like
many other readers of comp.sys.atari.st, I've never been able to reap the
benefit of his efforts, because the sources and binaries groups never arrive
here.  All I can do is foam at the mouth when I hear about the goodies other
people can get.  Consequently, I am delighted at the reappearance of programs
in comp.sys.atari.st - long may it continue.
--
Leila Burrell-Davis, Arts E, University of Sussex, Brighton BN1 9QN, UK

Tel:    +44 273 606755  Ext. 2387
JANET:  leilabd@uk.ac.sussex.cvaxa
ARPA:   leilabd%uk.ac.sussex.cvaxa@cs.ucl.ac.uk
BITNET: leilabd%uk.ac.sussex.cvaxa@uk.ac
UUCP:   leilabd@cvaxa.uucp OR ...!mcvax!ukc!cvaxa!leilabd

ram-ashwin@YALE.ARPA (Ashwin Ram) (06/27/87)

>                                                                However, like
>    many other readers of comp.sys.atari.st, I've never been able to reap the
>    benefit of his efforts, because the sources and binaries groups never arrive
>    here.  All I can do is foam at the mouth when I hear about the goodies other
>    people can get.  Consequently, I am delighted at the reappearance of programs
>    in comp.sys.atari.st - long may it continue.

However, we on the ARPAnet (i.e., on the info-atari16@score.stanford.edu
mailing list) haven't seen ANY programs since the comp.*.atari.st newsgroups
were created.  This, as well as the non-appearance of programs even on
comp.*.atari.st at many sites, makes me feel that we should go back to doing
things the old way.  OK, so we got some cruft now and then, but at least there
were lots of programs to look forward to.

If this isn't possible, could we at least have the programs being posted on
comp.*.atari.st be forwarded to info-atari16@score.stanford.edu -- PLEASE!!!
DCFORMAT is the first program I've seen in many months.  Let's have lots more!

-- Ashwin Ram --

ARPA:    Ram-Ashwin@yale
UUCP:    {decvax,linus,seismo}!yale!Ram-Ashwin
BITNET:  Ram@yalecs