[comp.sys.atari.st] New Atari Linker Released!

apratt@atari.UUCP (Allan Pratt) (06/27/87)

Even as I type this, John Feagans is uploading a brand-new Atari product
to the Developers' SIG at Compuserve.

The product is my first major project here at Atari: a new linker, to
act as a replacement for LINK68 and RELMOD.  This linker, called ALN, is
about eight times faster than LINK68, and doesn't need the additional
RELMOD pass.  It is also friendlier, I think, and more robust.  It has
been used internally for some time (many moons), and we have decided
that it's solid enough for release.

If you are a developer, please go to the Developer's SIG on Compuserve
and download this new tool.  Let me know what you think of it.

If you aren't an Atari developer using Alcyon C, you're not missing
anything: this tool is strictly for use with the object modules produced
by Alcyon C and AS68.  (What other languages use this format? Does
anybody know of one?)

(Please don't start clamoring for them, but there are more tools in the
works:  my new debugger and Landon's new assembler are also approaching
release.)

/------------------------------\
\------------------------------/

bammi@cwruecmp.UUCP (Jwahar R. Bammi) (07/02/87)

In article <773@atari.UUCP> apratt@atari.UUCP (Allan Pratt) writes:
>If you aren't an Atari developer using Alcyon C, you're not missing
>anything: this tool is strictly for use with the object modules produced
>by Alcyon C and AS68.  (What other languages use this format? Does
>anybody know of one?)

	Personal Pascal does, and supposedly MegaMax 2.0.
--
usenet: {decvax,cbosgd,sun}!cwruecmp!bammi	jwahar r. bammi
csnet:       bammi@cwru.edu   <---------Please note change of address