[comp.sys.atari.st] How to get ALN from Atari

apratt@atari.UUCP (07/09/87)

I talked with Cindy Claveran and found out that she will send the linker,
along with laser-printed documentation (same content as the .DOC file,
but nicer-looking), to registered developers who send her $1.50 and
a disk.

The version she has is slightly newer than the one originally put on
Compuserve.  I am having John Feagans put the new one up there, too.
The only difference is that the linker waits for the Return key when
it's done, if you started it with no arguments (e.g. as a .TOS file
from the desktop).  This feature is half-done in version 1.00, but
now is completely done (in version 1.01).  If you already got
aln, and you use it from a command shell or batch file, don't bother
re-downloading it.

Cindy's address is:

	Cindy Claveran
	Atari (U.S.) Corporation
	1196 Borregas Avenue
	Sunnyvale, CA 94086
		USA

/----------------------------------------------\
\----------------------------------------------/	(APRATT on GEnie)

bammi@cwruecmp.UUCP (Jwahar R. Bammi) (07/11/87)

In article <783@atari.UUCP> apratt@atari.UUCP (Allan Pratt) writes:
>I talked with Cindy Claveran and found out that she will send the linker,
>along with laser-printed documentation (same content as the .DOC file,
>but nicer-looking), to registered developers who send her $1.50 and
>a disk.

	Kudos to Alan for a very nicely done linker. One small suggestion.
Instead of having a seperate index file, why not put it in the library
archive itself (like ranlib(1)). Look forward to landons Macro Assembler
and the debugger.
--
usenet: {decvax,cbosgd,sun}!cwruecmp!bammi	jwahar r. bammi
csnet:       bammi@cwru.edu   <---------Please note change of address