[comp.sys.atari.st] Multi-Computing!

7GMADISO@POMONA.BITNET (07/16/87)

 An interesting note:

     Since both the Amiga and AtariST now have the functionality of both
the MS-DOS and Macintosh available to them, I wouldn't be surprised if both
machines become more popular.  Being able to run 3 different varieties of
software on one machine is a strong inducement to purchase!
(i.e., you can still use your dBase database, write your papers on Mac
Word 3.0, and use MaxiPlanPlus for your spreadsheet; all on an Amiga!)

(Yes, for those of you who haven't heard; the Magic Sac is coming for the
Amiga.!!)  (And, like PC-Ditto, the Transformer runs most PC software, but
slowly.  The Sidecar/A2088 allows PC software to run at full speed, con-
currently with Amiga software...)

Up with MC680x0!

                    ---- George Madison

--------------------
'Your logic is impeccable, Captain; we are in grave danger.'
--------------------
BITNET: 7gmadiso@pomona
UUCP:   psuvax1!pomona.bitnet!7gmadiso
ARPA:   7gmadiso%pomona@wiscvm.wisc.edu

kleef@cs.vu.nl (Patrick van Kleef) (07/17/87)

In article <8707160842.AA15790@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> 7GMADISO@POMONA.BITNET writes:

>     Since both the Amiga and AtariST now have the functionality of both
>the MS-DOS and Macintosh available to them, I wouldn't be surprised if both
>machines become more popular.  Being able to run 3 different varieties of
>software on one machine is a strong inducement to purchase!
>
>                    ---- George Madison

And what's even funnier:

Using the Aladdin Macintosh emulator on the Atari ST (a German
product) you can not only do Epson compatible printing (even
screendumps) but...

use the '][ in a Mac' Apple ][e emulator that has been out on
the Macintosh. Run any (I mean 99%) of the Apple ][ software
on an emulated Apple ][e on an emulated Macintosh... ;)

What would you call this then? Second degree emulation?

Paul
. what
. a
. waste
. of
. space
. !

terrell@laidbak.UUCP (Eric R. Terrell) (07/18/87)

Has anyone received version 2.0 of OSS Personal Pascal yet?  I sent in my
order when I received the advertisement, but I'm still waiting...

Eric Terrell

ljdickey@water.UUCP (07/23/87)

In article <1060@ark.cs.vu.nl> kleef@cs.vu.nl (Patrick van Kleef) writes:
>And what's even funnier:
>
>Using the Aladdin Macintosh emulator on the Atari ST  ...  [and]
>use the '][ in a Mac' Apple ][e emulator that has been out on
>the Macintosh. Run any (I mean 99%) of the Apple ][ software
>on an emulated Apple ][e on an emulated Macintosh... ;)
>
>What would you call this then? Second degree emulation?

I would call it

			S L O W .
--
 L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.
 ljdickey@water.UUCP    ljdickey%water@waterloo.CSNET