[comp.sys.atari.st] 1040ST F? M?

starner@burdvax.prc.unisys.com (Mark L. Starner) (07/22/87)

Could someone enlighten me as to what the F and M stand for in the 1040STFM?

I have a 1040ST (little F) -- but have no idea what it means!

Thanks

Mark Starner				(215) 648-7382
System Development Corp.
Paoli, PA

appelbau@topaz.rutgers.edu (Marc L. Appelbaum) (07/24/87)

In article <4011@burdvax.PRC.Unisys.COM> starner@burdvax.prc.unisys.com (Mark L. Starner) writes:

> Could someone enlighten me as to what the F and M stand for in the 1040STFM?
>
> I have a 1040ST (little F) -- but have no idea what it means!

The F stands for FLOPPY and M stands for RF MODULTOR.

Where did you see a 1040STFM, I've never heard of a 1040 with a RF
Modultor, in it.  Could it be you saw the 520STFM, a 520 with a
built-in SSDD drive??
--
 -Marc L. Appelbaum
 Arpa:appelbau@topaz.rutgers.edu

billw@wolf.UUCP (Bill Wisner) (07/26/87)

> Where did you see a 1040STFM, I've never heard of a 1040 with a RF
> Modultor, in it.  Could it be you saw the 520STFM, a 520 with a
> built-in SSDD drive??

Umm... I own a 1040STFM. I hear tell they're not common, guess I just picked
the short straw. (?)
--
Bill Wisner
..{sdcsvax,ihnp4}!jack!wolf!billw

Look ma, no copyright!

actor@percival.UUCP (Clif Swinford) (07/26/87)

In article <4011@burdvax.PRC.Unisys.COM> starner@burdvax.UUCP writes:
>Could someone enlighten me as to what the F and M stand for in the 1040STFM?
>I have a 1040ST (little F) -- but have no idea what it means!

The "F" stands for "Floppy", as in a floppy drive in the box. The "M" stands
for "Modulator", a frequency modulator for connection to TV. I haven't seen
(or heard of, until now) a 1040STfm, but all of the 520's I've seen in the
last few months have had that letter designation, a built-in floppy drive,
and a frequency modulator on the motherboard.

--
     Clif Swinford
                   ..!tektronix!reed!percival!actor                        fnord