[comp.sys.atari.st] Garbage Collection in Prolog

atoenne@laura.UUCP (Andreas Toenne) (07/25/87)

I'm looking for a good garbage collection algorithm for a non structure
sharing prolog interpreter.
I'm especially curious when and how to clean up the copystack.
My implementation currently reclaims space only upon backtracking.

I'm further looking for definitions and/or suggestions for a graphical
interface to prolog. (like smalltalk :-)

	Thanx

	Andreas Toenne
	Department of Computer Science
	University of Dortmund, W-Germany

	atoenne@unido.uucp
	atoenne@unido.bitnet

qed2@banana.cs.uq.OZ (Pope Snodgrass IX) (07/27/87)

In article <73@laura.UUCP> atoenne@laura.UUCP (Andreas Toenne) writes:
>I'm further looking for definitions and/or suggestions for a graphical
>interface to prolog. (like smalltalk :-)

One of our honours students is working on a windowing environment
for proof editors in prolog. I think he'd be interested in this sort
of thing as well. Does anyone know of previous papers etc. on this topic?
(I'll pass them on - I don't think he reads this group.)

Dirk D.
Pretend Systems Programmer.