[comp.sys.atari.st] Reading the RS232 parameters

minow@decvax.UUCP (Martin Minow) (07/30/87)

In article <8707272346.AA14688@orville.arpa> rowley@ORVILLE.ARPA
(Karl Rowley) writes:

>Does anyone know how to determine what the rs-232 parameters are at any
>point in time?  They are simple enough to set with Rsconf(), but I do
>not know of a way to just read the current settings.

It's not documented (so it might change), but Rsconf returns the current
values encoded in a long integer.  If you use MWC, you have to work
around the (void) cast in <opsys.h>.  The result is setup as follows:

Bits
31..24	ucr
23..16	rsr
15.. 8	tsr
 7.. 0	scr

I'm not sure how to read the current Baud rate from the operating system.
The Rsconf parameter seems to be converted to a pointer to parameters
to be loaded into the Baud rate generator.

Martin Minow
decvax!minow