[comp.sys.atari.st] GULAM + keyboard changes

hannu@tut.UUCP (Hannu Koivisto) (07/27/87)

I downloaded the GULAM - command shell. It looks exelent, but I
got some minor poblems:

a)	I have english TOS (in ROM), but I normally use different
	keyboard table (~ scandinavian). I change the keyboard by
	using keyboard-loader made by KEYDIT- program, which came
	with Simon Poole's UNITERM. But it doesn't work inside
	GULAM ( I mean it works, but doesn't change the kyeboard).

	Does anyone know, how to make it work? or
	(preferably) is there keyboard transition programs, which
	works inside GULAM ?

b)	Also, I didn't got the UNITERM to work inside GULAM
	( -->  cmd exit code -33)

Thanks in advence

	Hannu Koivisto		hannu@tut.fi   (internet-style address)
			    ...mcvax!tut!hannu ( old UUCP -style)
				koivisto@fintuta.bitnet

steven@cwi.nl (Steven Pemberton) (07/30/87)

In article <109@karhu.tut.UUCP> hannu@tut.UUCP (Hannu Koivisto) writes:
> I downloaded the GULAM - command shell. It looks excellent, but I
> got some minor problems: [...]

Another problem to look out for: if you try 'rm prog.c.i' it removes
prog.c without any complaint. This bit me in a command file, where I
had 'rm $1.i', which I called in a sleepy moment with prog.c as
argument...

While on the subject, it would also be nice if the function keys
worked in terminal emulation mode.

Steven Pemberton, CWI, Amsterdam; steven@cwi.nl
--

Steven Pemberton, CWI, Amsterdam; steven@cwi.nl

ljdickey@water.UUCP (07/30/87)

In article <109@karhu.tut.UUCP> hannu@tut.UUCP (Hannu Koivisto) writes:

>I downloaded the GULAM - command shell. It looks exelent, but I
>got some minor poblems:
>
>a)	I have english TOS (in ROM), but I normally use different
>	keyboard table (~ scandinavian).
>	Does anyone know, how to make it work? or
>	(preferably) is there keyboard transition programs, which
>	works inside GULAM ?

This has been noticed before, and, according to pm@cwru.edu,
will be changed in a forthcoming release of GULAM.

--
 L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.
 ljdickey@water.UUCP    ljdickey%water@waterloo.CSNET