[comp.sys.atari.st] The Mega-ST's arrive .....

K538915@CZHRZU1A.BITNET (07/31/87)

Allan Pratt writes:
>Far and away, the reason most programs won't work with the new ROMs is
>that they broke the rules by depending on unpublished addresses in RAM
>or ROM.  Since people seem to have fewer compunctions about this when
>writing PD stuff, that is the case even more often for that class of
>software.  ...........
I woudn't be to sure about that, the only programs that I've found that
really don't work with the new ROM's are 'commercial' products (including
the RAM-disk that caused the mysterious behaviour of UniTerm). The
only PD program I use that uses a undocumented location in ROM is
GEMBoot (in a documented way, that's why it only took 2 min to get it
working with the new ROM's) and I don't think Atari Corp. is in the
position to complain about that program.

                              Simon Poole
                              K538915@CZHRZU1A.BITNET