[comp.sys.atari.st] Bad Sub Game

pwp@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (08/14/87)

The Expy submarine game for the ST has a really bad scoring algorithm. I
don't know the details, but when I came in from a patrol after sinking a
carrier and two little ships, I was told I was being relieved of my
command because of poor performance. The local World War II expert says
I would have gotten a Congressional Medal of Honor for that performance.
It appears that they did not pay much attention to reality in this
program.

dickey@ssc-vax.UUCP (Frederick J Dickey) (08/14/87)

In article <36500001@iuvax>, pwp@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu writes:

> The Expy submarine game for the ST has a really bad scoring algorithm. I
> don't know the details, but when I came in from a patrol after sinking a
> carrier and two little ships, I was told I was being relieved of my

The version of the game I have lets Japanese ships sail through islands, but
my sub sinks when I try to follow them. The game has a lot of nice detail
touches, but they seemed to have fouled up the implementation.