[comp.sys.atari.st] C debugger info wanted

Desaulniers.PA@XEROX.COM (08/25/87)

Does anyone know of a good symbolic debugger that can be used with
Megamax?  Any references to ST magazines with a review on any commercial
debuggers?  Does Raid by Michtron work with Megamax?  Is it any good?

If not, does anyone know if Megamax is working on a symbolic debbuger to
work with their C compiler?  Is it worth giving up Megamax and shelling
out $120 for Mark Williams C just to get a debugger?

Opinions as well as facts are welcome.

Thanks,

Peter Desaulniers

jmg@cernvax.UUCP (08/31/87)

In article <870824-171250-8201@Xerox> Desaulniers.PA@XEROX.COM writes:
>Does anyone know of a good symbolic debugger that can be used with
>Megamax?
>If not, does anyone know if Megamax is working on a symbolic debbuger to
>work with their C compiler?

What I want to know is whether Megamax ever issued a version with less
bugs than the one that I got (1.1 I think).
At various times many moons ago a new version was promised "real soon now".
Since then there has been a deafening silence.
(of sourse, a good symbolic debugger would make it easier to find the
bugs in the compiler!)