[comp.sys.atari.st] Fred Rated meets Godzilla

richard@gryphon.UUCP (09/01/87)

In article <653@cup.portal.com> Sheldon_Hijacker_Chang@cup.portal.com writes:

>    Ah, but what about simply raising the "price" on their Amigas so that
>no or very few people will buy them???  I like the idea, and in just a few hour
>s the BBSes over here in Silicon Valley has really stirred up with action.
>
>Sheldon Chang

My, how petty. If you raise the price of amiga's, people will buy them
elsewhere (as most amigoids do, Federated is worthless), and you lose
sales and profits.

There IS enough room in this world for Amiga's, Atari's and Mac's.

(and maybe, just maybe, PC's)

--
Richard Sexton
INTERNET:     richard@gryphon.CTS.COM

"It's too dark to put the key in my ignition..."

whitcomb@ic.UUCP (09/01/87)

In article <1387@gryphon.CTS.COM> richard@gryphon.CTS.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>My, how petty. If you raise the price of amiga's, people will buy them
>elsewhere (as most amigoids do, Federated is worthless), and you lose
>sales and profits.

That's not the only problem.  Federated has a policy of beating any advertised
price.  If they continue to sell other machines, they will of course have
to be competively priced.

Gregg Whitcomb                              USENET: ucbvax!ic!whitcomb
					    ARPA:   whitcomb@ic.berkeley.edu