[comp.sys.atari.st] Are they out yet?

spietrow@atlas.UUCP (Stephen Pietrowicz) (09/03/87)

While cleaning up my directory today, I found this posting that I stashed
away last June:

]From: neil@atari.UUCP (Neil Harris)
]Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.st
]Subject: Re: Mega-ST release date?
]Date: 22 Jun 87 16:59:01 GMT
]
]In article <1342@xanth.UUCP>, src@xanth.UUCP (Scott R. Chilcote) writes:
]
]>>A question for Atari: Is there an official release date for the Mega-ST?
]>>                    Simon Poole
]
]>      For what it's worth, the latest word from the Ministry of Release Dates,
]>as posted on GENet, Is that the Mega ST will released at the far end of
]>August and may likely be held over into September.  The problem is not with
]>the Megas,
]> which are purportedly finished and bug-free (ha ha), but with the laser
]>printer.  To get instant attention from the desktop publishing biz, Atari
]>wants to introduce BOTH machines at the same time.
]
]I don't know how these stories get out, I swear.
]
]The Mega ST release is imminent.  We see no reason to wait on the laser
]printers to get the Megas out the door.  The SLM804 (laser printer) will be
]ready well in advance of September.
]
]Sheesh!
]--
]--->Neil Harris, Director of Marketing Communications, Atari Corporation
]UUCP: ...{hoptoad, lll-lcc, pyramid, imagen, sun}!atari!neil
]GEnie: NHARRIS/ WELL: neil / BIX: neilharris / Delphi: NEILHARRIS
]CIS: 70007,1135 / Atari BBS 408-745-5308 / Usually the OFFICIAL Atari opinion

I haven't been watching too closely, but have the Mega ST and the laser
printer been released yet?

c160-av@zooey.Berkeley.EDU (Class Account) (09/05/87)

     According to an Atari memo dated August 25, 1987 I saw at our local
ST store (Winner's Circle, plug plug :) said that the Megas and the Laser
Printer will be out in October.  It also explained that the purchase of
Federated was designed to expand ST distribution and that a new wave of
promotional advertising is scheduled for release soon.

					    -Matthew Seitz

UD140469@NDSUVM1.BITNET (09/06/87)

general US public--developers can get them).  You can get them in Europe and
Canada (without the blitter) if you'd like, but you'll pay....  I don't think
the laser printer's out anywhere yet, and I'd be suprised to see it out for
a while--what with the new lower prices on laser printers WITH memory (I think
the lowest I've heard was $1395), Atari might be having to rethink their
printer.  As for Megas, my dealer was told (I believe by the Texas area Atari
rep) that they won't be shipping until October 1st or so...

                                     Scott Udell
                                     UD140469@NDSUVM1.BITNET

.