[comp.sys.atari.st] Being right doesn't make me feel better....

jdg@elmgate.UUCP (Jeff Gortatowsky) (09/14/87)

In article <8709080145.AA03673@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> K538915@CZHRZU1A.BITNET writes:
>                             Simon Poole
>                             K538915@CZHRZU1A.BITNET
>
>PPS: Why is everybody repeating what I said about Atari 3/4 of a year ago?
>     They don't listen anyway....(well they seem to have droped the PC-clone
>     but then most people agree that it was only produced to stop Amstrad/
>     Schneider getting a foothold in the US marketplace, with no intent
>     of actually ever making it in to a real product).

The worst thing for people like you and I who saw and documented what
we thought was happening (I wrote in a local user's group newsletter)
is that we derive no pleasure from seeing the current state of affairs
come to pass.
I truly wish that a few of my user group friends had not bought into
ST.  Not because of some "mine is better than yours" mentality pitch
I gave them.  But because of the horrendous ST OS that I saw when I
purchased my ST.  I *KNEW*, given the state of the OS that was released,
these people had no pride in their work.
Only due to efforts like UNITERM has the ST become anything other than
a bathtub boat anchor.  Well that's not entirely true.  It does have some
great games.......

--
Jeff Gortatowsky       {seismo,allegra}!rochester!kodak!elmgate!jdg
Eastman Kodak Company