[comp.sys.atari.st] music editors

sandra@utah-cs.UUCP (Sandra J Loosemore) (09/16/87)

Can anyone recommend a good music editor program?  My main constraint
is that I have only a monochrome monitor, and the only commercial
product I've been able to experiment with so far (Music Studio) requires
a color screen. I mostly want to be able to enter scores and play them
back.  I don't have an electronic keyboard at this time but I might get
one later, so I'd like a program that could work with or without one.

Thanks,

-Sandra Loosemore
(sandra@cs.utah.edu, sandra@utah-cs.uucp)

cbz@mhuxu.UUCP (09/17/87)

In article <4973@utah-cs.UUCP>, sandra@utah-cs.UUCP writes:
> Can anyone recommend a good music editor program?  My main constraint
> is that I have only a monochrome monitor, and the only commercial
> product I've been able to experiment with so far (Music Studio) requires
> a color screen. I mostly want to be able to enter scores and play them

I can't recommend a music editor but I just found out a little more
about the ST Video Box that was mentioned recently.  According to a
blurb I just read, the "Box" allows you to run "color only" programs
on a monochrome system *and* "mono only" programs on a coloor system.
I doubt very much if it actually allows high resolution displays on
the color monitor, although I could be wrong.  The ad says the box
is sold by E. Arthur Brown Co. for about $50.  This may solve your
problem, Sandra.

Craig Z. at AT&T
mhuxu!cbz