[comp.sys.atari.st] TVX

lansd@utgpu.UUCP (09/15/87)

	I recently started using the TVX public domain editor program
in conjunction with MWC. TVX (dated 10/06/86) works just fine except for
one small problem - it appends a CP/M End-Of-File byte (0x1a, 26) to the
end of the file. It just so happens that MWC chokes on this and reports
an invalid character.
	Is there a newer version of TVX that solves this problem?

rjd@nancy (Rob Demillo) (09/21/87)

In article <1987Sep14.210747.20112@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu> lansd@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Robert Lansdale) writes:

>	I recently started using the TVX public domain editor program
>in conjunction with MWC. TVX (dated 10/06/86) works just fine except for
>one small problem - it appends a CP/M End-Of-File byte (0x1a, 26) to the
>end of the file. It just so happens that MWC chokes on this and reports
>an invalid character.
>	Is there a newer version of TVX that solves this problem?

Nope. And there is no need for it, 'cause you can eliminate the
problem on yours: when you call up the TVX editor, use the
option switch -noz in the command line, and the EOF mark will not
be appended.

                     - Rob DeMillo
		       Brown University - Planetary Science Group

	UUCP: 		...{seismo!harpo}!ihnp4!brunix!rjd    -- or --
			...{seismo!harpo}!ihnp4!brunix!europa!demillo
	BITNET:		GE702025@BROWNVM
	SPAN:		BRNPSG::DEMILLO
	CompuServe: 	73537,2737

------
	"...I am not so sure what you want me for!
         Either your machine is a fool, or me..."   -- "WarGames", CSN