[comp.sys.atari.st] Megamax C

greg@xios.XIOS.UUCP (Greg Franks) (09/23/87)

How often does the MegaMax newsletter come out.  I'm pretty sure I sent
them the little card saying that I bought the compiler, but I have yet
to receive a newsletter.  On the other hand, if the newletter comes out
but once a year......

(Looking forward to the new compiler.......)

--
Greg Franks             XIOS Systems Corporation, 1600 Carling Avenue,
(613) 725-5411          Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1Z 8R8

koster@msudoc.UUCP (09/27/87)

In article <382@xios.XIOS.UUCP> greg@xios.UUCP (Greg Franks) writes:

>How often does the MegaMax newsletter come out.  I'm pretty sure I sent
>them the little card saying that I bought the compiler, but I have yet
>to receive a newsletter.  On the other hand, if the newletter comes out
>but once a year......
>
>(Looking forward to the new compiler.......)
>
>--
>Greg Franks             XIOS Systems Corporation, 1600 Carling Avenue,
>(613) 725-5411          Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1Z 8R8
>uunet!mnetor!dciem!nrcaer!xios!greg        "Vermont ain't flat!"

I have a copy of the Megamax newsletter which is dated March 1987.  I
don't know how often they come out, this is the only one I have ever
received.

Among the topics discussed:

Upgrades for owners will cost $20 plus your original two disks.  The new
package will include compatibility with DRI format [no 32K limit], new
shell which increases compile and link speeds, new features in RCS, full
MAKE, new documentation and more.  [KOSTER: What could the "more" be?]

They also announced the availability of library sources [$50], along
with a list of FREE bug fixes [with post paid return mailer and original
disks].

Briefly:

The compiler now displays the name of the program being compiled,
compiles multiple files if passed their names in the argument list,
nested macros fixed, #if works correctly in switch, #if TRUE followed by
*ptr now works, etc.

They did a couple of things with the shell and editor, but if you really
use either, you shouldn't be reading this.

In the library, comparison of negative floating point is fixed, seeking
in relative mode works, and fopen("PRT:", "w") properly opens the
printer.

In stdio, rand() has been tweeked a bit.

If you are interested in any of this, write or call Megamax at:

          Megamax Inc.
          Box 851521
          Richardson, TX 75085

Phone:    [214] 987-4931

[Disclaimer: No, I don't work for Megamax, I just like their products.]

-Koster

{ihnp4|well|itivax|eecae}!msudoc!koster

          Box