[comp.sys.atari.st] Atari is DUMB?

bryan@ihnet.UUCP (09/29/87)

If Atari thinks it is going to sell the Mega ST at these High prices
they are dead wrong.  Also If atari thinks it can stop its dealers from
discounting the megas they are VERY VERY VERY WRONG !!!

It is against the Law !!!!!!!

Atari nor any other manufacture can do that. So if a store tells you
they are not allowed to lower the price they are feeding you a bunch
of crap or don't know the law.

Also if the Laser printer will work only with Atari computers and don't
support PostScript or use the HP Language, only a fool would buy
one.  Atari better support PostScript or be left in the dust by real
printer companies!

					Afraid Atari has lost it
					(Common Sense)

					ihnet!bryan
					Bryan DeLaney

neil@atari.UUCP (Neil Harris) (10/01/87)

In article <569@ihnet.ATT.COM>, bryan@ihnet.ATT.COM (b. k. delaney) writes:

> If Atari thinks it is going to sell the Mega ST at these High prices
> they are dead wrong.  Also If atari thinks it can stop its dealers from
> discounting the megas they are VERY VERY VERY WRONG !!!

There's never been any intention of trying to stop dealers from discounting.
We expect dealers to be competitive.

> Also if the Laser printer will work only with Atari computers and don't
> support PostScript or use the HP Language, only a fool would buy
> one.

Since using the laser printer with GDOS gives much much much faster
throughput than Postscript, it looks like there are potentially many
customers out there.  I wouldn't be surprised to see someone add Postscript
support to the laser printer before long, but it seems to work well without
it.

>  Atari better support PostScript or be left in the dust by real
> printer companies!

Isn't this like saying that the ST ought to be MSDOS or be left in the dust?
We like to try better ways.  Isn't Apple about to release a Quickdraw laser
printer?  That seems to be the same thing we're doing...

--
--->Neil Harris, Director of Marketing Communications, Atari Corporation
UUCP: ...{hoptoad, lll-lcc, pyramid, imagen, sun}!atari!neil