[comp.sys.atari.st] MWC updates

l9d@psuvm.bitnet.UUCP (10/02/87)

Does anyone know of the version number of the most recent Mark Williams C
compiler?  Also, does anyone know if Mark Williams Corp. is going to come out
with a RCS for their compiler?
                                     Thanks a lot,
                                                  Matt Day

grieggs@devvax.UUCP (10/03/87)

In article <21468L9D@PSUVMA> L9D@PSUVMA.BITNET writes:
>Does anyone know of the version number of the most recent Mark Williams C
>compiler?  Also, does anyone know if Mark Williams Corp. is going to come out
>with a RCS for their compiler?

Mine is version 2.1, I believe.  I only recently bought it, so that should
be the latest.  Still no RCS.  This does not affect me much, though, since
I also have Megamax...

_john

--
John T. Grieggs (Telos @ Jet Propulsion Laboratory)
4800 Oak Grove Drive, Pasadena, Ca. 91109 M/S 301-260A    (818) 354-0465

exodus@uop.UUCP (Freddy Kreuger) (10/04/87)

In article <21468L9D@PSUVMA>, L9D@PSUVMA.BITNET writes:
> Does anyone know of the version number of the most recent Mark Williams C
> compiler?  Also, does anyone know if Mark Williams Corp. is going to come out
> with a RCS for their compiler?

Officially it is v2.0, but bug fixes have created 2.1 which is only available
if you find a bug in 2.0 and cannot live with that bug in existence-  then
they'll mail you 2.1.  (I tried to get it...they said no.)

ANd no, no Resource Construction Set...but they "might" [secretary's words]
announce their Source level debugger soon!!!

>                                      Thanks a lot,
>                                                   Matt Day

BTW, I get 'ld: byte or word relocation' whenever I try to link a rather
large program together.  I cannot think of anything that could cause this
error.  Anybody have a similar experience ??

--
Greg Onufer   		GEnie: G.ONUFER		University of the Pacific
UUCP:	 ...!ucbvax!\				**POSTMASTER @ UOP**

atoenne@laura.UUCP (Andreas Toenne) (10/05/87)

In article <21468L9D@PSUVMA> L9D@PSUVMA.BITNET writes:
>Does anyone know of the version number of the most recent Mark Williams C
>compiler?  Also, does anyone know if Mark Williams Corp. is going to come out
>                                                  Matt Day

The most recent version is MWC 2.0
It's a great package with lots of goodies though I experienced minor problems
with the new roms in the MegaST 4.

	Andreas Toenne