[comp.sys.atari.st] Mega STs available in Germany

r2371@tubvax.UUCP (09/30/87)

In article <326UD140469@NDSUVM1> UD140469@NDSUVM1.BITNET writes:
>[...] Now if only the Megas will come out...
>(are you listening, Atari?).

The Megas *are* out !

Actually, I'm sitting at #70, I guess. (Ser.No. 400...0070)
I will receive the Harddisk these days.

You should order your Atari stuff here, it may be faster :-)

BTW, some programms are crashing. They seem to depend on the Bugs in the
old TOS versions :-). My favorite MAC emulator gives me the choice of
installation with 512 *or* 1024 k RAM , and nothing else.

So don't give away your old ST until you are shure your dear programs
are working, or until you get their MEGA versions (may take some time).
--
Marcus Verwiebe, Germany
UUCP:   ...pyramid!tub!hex  from the world.    BITNET: hex@db0tui6

atoenne@laura.UUCP (10/02/87)

I've got my Mega ST4 today.
First thing that crashed was my trusty MWC system.
MWC seems to rely on some undocumented GEM variables and the ^C vector
in GEM has probably changed :-(

has anyone else experienced trouble with the news MegaST's ?

Programs that DO work are :

FlightSimulator,
Cambridge Lisp (System started in about 3800 KB :-) Horray !)
Several Infocom adventures,
Balance of Power (nasty game, but strong copy protection)
.... more to come

	Andreas Toenne
	University of Dortmund, W-Germany

	atoenne@unido.uucp
	...!uunet!unido!atoenne
	atoenne@unido.bitnet

jmorton@euler.Berkeley.EDU (John Willard Morton) (10/05/87)

In article <119@laura.UUCP> atoenne@laura.UUCP (Andreas Toenne) writes:

>I've got my Mega ST4 today.
>First thing that crashed was my trusty MWC system.
>MWC seems to rely on some undocumented GEM variables and the ^C vector
>in GEM has probably changed :-(

This is interesting.  The latest issue of ST-Log says that Atari will
release a new developers' kit using MWC.

				John

				{cbosgd,decvax}!ucbvax!euler!jmorton

ljdickey@water.UUCP (10/06/87)

In article <119@laura.UUCP> atoenne@laura.UUCP (Andreas Toenne) writes:

>I've got my Mega ST4 today.
>Programs that DO work are :
>
>FlightSimulator,
>Cambridge Lisp (System started in about 3800 KB :-) Horray !)
>Several Infocom adventures,
>Balance of Power (nasty game, but strong copy protection)
>.... more to come

	I visited my favorite dealer the other day and
	tried APL.68000 on the Mega ST.  It ran well,
	and at about the same speed as on my ST at home.
	The part that I liked was the workspace size - about
	3.2 Megabytes.

--
 L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.
 ljdickey@watmath.UUCP		UUCP: ...!uunet!watmath!ljdickey