[comp.sys.atari.st] FORTRAN compliers and Irregular boot-ups

"UTSPAN::UTADNX::ZAC::MWF8191"@NSSDCA.GSFC.NASA.GOV (10/08/87)

I am somewhat intrested in a FORTRAN compiler.  It must support graphics and be
able to run on my 520ST.  Please send me your suggestions and reasons for your
choice.

I am also having trouble with irregular boot-ups.  I bought my 520ST last Nov.
The problem that I am having is that sometimes my machine boots in low res.,
when my desktop.inf file tells it to boot med res.  It also tells me that
there is nothing on the disk even after I reset the preferences and reread
the disk.  Why is this happening?

Thanks.

					Mark Fischer
					BITNet: MWF8191@tamvenus

ljdickey@water.UUCP (10/09/87)

In article <871007203103.20C004A5031@nssdca.GSFC.NASA.GOV> "UTSPAN::UTADNX::ZAC::MWF8191"@NSSDCA.GSFC.NASA.GOV writes:
>I am also having trouble with irregular boot-ups.  I bought my 520ST last Nov.
>The problem that I am having is that sometimes my machine boots in low res.,
>when my desktop.inf file tells it to boot med res.  It also tells me that
>there is nothing on the disk even after I reset the preferences and reread
>the disk.  Why is this happening?

I have had things like this happen from time, but never the low res, med res
problem, since I use a monochrome system.  I suspected the boot disk and
switched disk and the problem went away.

--
 L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.
 ljdickey@watmath.UUCP		UUCP: ...!uunet!watmath!ljdickey