[comp.sys.atari.st] MicroGnuEmacs improvements

fischer-michael@YALE.ARPA (Michael Fischer) (10/15/87)

csrobe@icase.arpa (Charles S. Roberson) writes:
> For those who are interested i was able to compile and like MicroGnuEmacs
> v 1.b on a Atari 1040 ST using MWC.
> Now, a minor complaint.  I had mg in split screen and when i scrolled the
> bottom screen the buffer information line (or whatever you call it)
> scrolled with the text then jumped back down to where it belongs.  after
> about three or four pages this became a bit irksome.

My son and I have made several modifications to MicroGnuEmacs v1.b
to eliminate this problem (by using direct VDI calls to scroll the
window) and to make other improvements such as interfacing properly
to the MWC shell and allowing the ALT key to function as a true
"meta" key.  I have hesitated posting it because I do not really
want to add yet another version of "Micro Emacs" to the net.  Rather,
our changes should be integrated into the new version 2 that is
in the works.  I don't know when or if I'll have the time to do
that, but I'd be happy to send my version to anyone who does have
the time and inclination.

--Mike Fischer  <fischer-michael@yale.arpa>

-------