[comp.sys.atari.st] dsmall@well.uucp

csrobe@ICASE.ARPA (Charles S. Roberson) (10/14/87)

i saw a reference to a message posted by david small that showed his address
as DSMALL@WELL.UUCP.  Does anybody know the path there from a backbone site?

thanks,
-chip
Chip Roberson                ARPANET:  csrobe@icase.arpa
1105 London Company Way      BITNET:   $csrobe@wmmvs.bitnet
Williamsburg, VA 23185       UUCP:     ...!uunet!pyrdc!gmu90x!wmcs!csrobe
*(*please note change in UUCP address      ^^^^^^^^^^^  seismo is gone*)*

engst@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Adam C. Engst) (10/14/87)

In article <8710141200.AA08580@work1.icase> csrobe@ICASE.ARPA (Charles S. Roberson) writes:
>i saw a reference to a message posted by david small that showed his address
>as DSMALL@WELL.UUCP.  Does anybody know the path there from a backbone site?

Even better, does anyone know the Internet form of the address?  Speaking as
someone who has never figured out how the UUCP addresses actually work, I
use the Internet addresses whenever possible.  I also find that they tend to
work better as well, at least from my mailer.  Thanks . . .

                                      Adam Engst

engst@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu     <- nice readable Internet form

sansom@trwrb.UUCP (Richard Sansom) (10/15/87)

In article <8710141200.AA08580@work1.icase> csrobe@ICASE.ARPA (Charles S. Roberson) writes:
>i saw a reference to a message posted by david small that showed his address
>as DSMALL@WELL.UUCP.  Does anybody know the path there from a backbone site?

Try ...felix!hplabs!well!dsmall.

-Rich

--
Richard E. Sansom
TRW Space & Defense, Redondo Beach, CA

dragon@oliveb.UUCP (Give me a quarter or I'll touch you) (10/15/87)

> In article <8710141200.AA08580@work1.icase> csrobe@ICASE.ARPA (Charles S. Roberson) writes:
>>i saw a reference to a message posted by david small that showed his address
>>as DSMALL@WELL.UUCP.  Does anybody know the path there from a backbone site?

UUCP pathname from ames:

	...!ames!lll-lcc!well

Sorry Adam, I don't know an internet address...

--
Dean Brunette               {ucbvax,etc.}!hplabs!oliveb!olivej!dragon                                    {ucbvax,etc.}!hplabs!oliveb!dragon-oatc!dean
Olivetti Advanced Technology Center     _____   _____   __|__   _____

dhawk@well.UUCP (David Hawkins) (10/16/87)

I'd been replying to this request via email, but there was
demand, so . . .

{ptsfa,hplabs,ucbvax}!well!dsmall
The WELL is a public access system.  Dave logs in every other
week or so.
--
Cats are like Baptists.  They raise hell but you can't catch them at it.