[comp.sys.atari.st] comp.*.atari.st

turner@daisy.UUCP (D'arc Angel) (08/05/87)

I have just posted a 14 part program from cwru!bammi to
comp.sources.atari.st, i would appreciate feedback from people as to
whether they got it, did it uudecode etc. ? if all goes well i will
open up shop again.

also the person who sent me the graphix.arc, i never received the
complete set of parts, could you resend them, i'd like to post them.

thanks

--
C'est la vie, C'est la guerre, C'est la pomme de terre
{cbosgd,fortune,hplabs,seismo!ihnp4,ucbvax}!nsc!daisy!turner      Jim Turner

mjd@doc.ic.ac.uk (Martin J Davies) (08/10/87)

<>
Sorry to post thisI have no mail access

Jim Turner ----
The first 14 parts of compsources.atari.st arived in the UK AOK !

turner@daisy.UUCP (D'arc Angel) (10/26/87)

> When someone says he has posted a program to comp.binaries.atari.st, just
> what does that mean?  Where is it?  How does on access it?  Is it accessible
> from arpanet?

comp.binaries.atari.st and comp.sources.atari.st are moderated newsgroups
(by yours truely) for the postings of (i'll bet you guessed) source programs
and binaries fot the atari st series. If a program is posted by me it means
that i have tested it (to the best of my abilities), put it into a packaged
form (arc or shar), unpackaged it just to be sure, checksummed the pieces,\
and finally posted it.

I am also currently mailing all postings to ...umix!hyc (Howard Chu) who
has promised to make them available on alternate nets.

other archive sites are INFO-ATARI16 and UHACE, i'm sorry to say that i've
forgotten the full addresses to those sites

To submit a program(s) for posting please mail to:

....{ucbvax|decwrl}!imagen!atari!daisy!turner

or

....nsc!daisy!turner

If you need copies of arc or uudecode/uuencode to decode the posting, please
send me email

I hope this helps...

--
C'est la vie, C'est la guerre, C'est la pomme de terre
...{decwrl|ucbvax}!imagen!atari!daisy!turner (James M. Turner)

hyc@starbarlounge.cc.umich.edu (Howard Chu) (10/30/87)

In article <572@daisy.UUCP> turner@daisy.UUCP (D'arc Angel) writes:

>> When someone says he has posted a program to comp.binaries.atari.st, just
>> what does that mean?  Where is it?  How does on access it?  Is it accessible
>> from arpanet?
>
>comp.binaries.atari.st and comp.sources.atari.st are moderated newsgroups
>(by yours truely) for the postings of (i'll bet you guessed) source programs
>and binaries fot the atari st series. If a program is posted by me it means
>that i have tested it (to the best of my abilities), put it into a packaged
>form (arc or shar), unpackaged it just to be sure, checksummed the pieces,\
>and finally posted it.
>
>I am also currently mailing all postings to ...umix!hyc (Howard Chu) who
>has promised to make them available on alternate nets.

umix is reachable from most internet sites, and sits on part of the NSFnet.
The full host name is umix.cc.umich.edu, address 35.1.1.10. I've been keeping
program postings in the 3 st groups, though I've been falling behind lately.
You can use anonymous ftp, then change directory to
	pub/atari/st
There are 3 subdirectories - bin, src, and sys. bin and src contain programs
from the binaries and sources newsgroups, and sys contains programs from the
general newsgroup. (I haven't been keeping up very well with sys.) All
postings are uudecoded. If it makes sense to, I ARC them and add extracts
from the original postings as README files...
There is also a separate Index file within each subdirectory.
I haven't been archiving things for very long, so I don't have an exhaustive
collection of things yet. Also, I may have to move things to a different
machine sometime soon. Please don't try to access the archives during
business hours either, or we'll all be out an archive site...

On a different note... I've finally gotten most of Larn 12.0 working. The
only problem I have right now is that I can't Pexec a subshell. When I get
that figured out, I'll post the stuff...
  -- Howard Chu
currently at
	University of Michigan Computing Center, Unix Project
...but possibly moving elsewhere soon...