[comp.sys.atari.st] Automatic start of gem programs

inge@draken.nada.kth.se (Inge Frick) (10/28/87)

Is it possible to make the st boot as a terminal (Uniterm)?
I have tried to put uniterm.prg in the auto folder but this doesn't work.
The problem seems to be that gem is not properly initialized.
This is clearly a general problem with programs that uses gem. A general
solution would be to have a boot program in the auto folder that initializes
gem properly and then starts the program that uses gem. To know which program
to start, the name could be defined when compiling the boot program, but a
more flexible solution would be to have the boot program read a special file
that contained the name.
This cannot be a new problem so, if it is possible to do, such a program must
be around somewhere. Question is where. Has it maybee been posted?

Inge Frick
 inge@nada.kth.se  or ...mcvax!enea!ttds!draken!inge

rich@lakesys.UUCP (10/30/87)

In article <215@draken.nada.kth.se> inge@nada.kth.se (Inge Frick) writes:
>Is it possible to make the st boot as a terminal (Uniterm)?
>
>Inge Frick

	If you get the Oct 87, vol 1, #9 ST-Express (with disk) for a paultry
$8.50, they have a autostart program in the AUTO folder, that reads a
.inf file in the root directory,and then exicutes it.

	I'd send the program on up, but though the programs that they
supply on the disk are P/D I do not believe that the program that I have just
explained is....

	This should take care of you little problem.

-rich

	lakesys@Milwaikee           |     Who and where ?
		     A great place by a great lake!

UUCP: {Ihnp4,uwvax}!uwmcsd1!lakesys!rich
Discalimer: The words,ideas,and expressions are my own, and not nessasarily
always correct !