[comp.sys.atari.st] bbs software advice needed

russ@wpg.UUCP (Russell Lawrence) (10/31/87)

Help!   A friend of mine wants to set up a private bbs to help her firm
share information with its clients.  She wants to use an ST (either 520 or
1040) and is looking for suggestions about both software and hardware
requirements.  She's not on the net, so I promised to post a message asking
for advice and counsel about possible BBS software... preferably, but not
necessarily, PD sources.  One problem that concerns her at the moment is that
her non-technical customers have limited, but diverse communications
capabilities --- some use xmodem, some kermit, some uucp, and some ascii text
only.  Any suggestions???

--
Russell Lawrence (WP Group POB 306, Metairie, LA 70004)
AT&T: +1 504 456 0001

rich@lakesys.UUCP (11/01/87)

In article <215@wpg.UUCP> russ@wpg.UUCP (Russell Lawrence) writes:

>Help!   A friend of mine wants to set up a private bbs to help her firm
>share information with its clients.  She wants to use an ST (either 520 or
>1040) { edited }
>only.  Any suggestions???

	Why not take a crack at STadel, Has Xmodem, Ymodem, Ymodem batch,
Ascii, and a UUCP interface. It's a ported over version of Citadel from
the MS-DOS world. The author { porter/re-vamper } is David Parsons, and I
believe his address is orc@pell.UUCP. Much faster than alot of other non-
public domain stuff out there, and offers a great deal of options.

	Why would I recommend STadel ?     I run a version of it, and it has
yet to fail me in well over 5 months!

-rich

UUCP: {Ihnp4,uwvax}!uwmcsd1!lakesys!rich
Discalimer: The words,ideas,and expressions are my own, and not nessasarily
always correct, but he who hesitates waits in the dark.