[comp.sys.atari.st] SOUCE CODE FOR START CALCULATER??

Bryan_Gary_Wiebe%UQV-MTS@UM.CC.UMICH.EDU (10/27/87)

Could  some  kind person please e-mail me the  source  listing
for the calculater in the recent START magazine. (--If this is
legal -- the program has been bought.) Apparently they ran out
of  room  on  the disk to include the source and  so  made  it
available elsewhere (CompuServ?).
     Many Thanks
Bryan Wiebe           bryw@ualtamts.bitnet

jimomura@lsuc.UUCP (11/02/87)

In article <983610@UQV-MTS> Bryan_Gary_Wiebe%UQV-MTS@UM.CC.UMICH.EDU writes:
>Could  some  kind person please e-mail me the  source  listing
>for the calculater in the recent START magazine. (--If this is
>legal -- the program has been bought.) Apparently they ran out
>of  room  on  the disk to include the source and  so  made  it
>available elsewhere (CompuServ?).
>     Many Thanks
>Bryan Wiebe           bryw@ualtamts.bitnet

     No, it's apparently not legal.  Alex Leavens was going to look
into re-posting the sources on BIX a while back and we can now assume
he wasn't able to do so.  Antic holds the main Copyright license
and controls the distribution.  As I understand it, they get a cut
from CIS and therefore want you to download every copy from CIS
in order to collect their royalty.  This is quite legitimate.  After
all, they have to pay for their magazine, Leavens' royalties, food
and shelter and that sort of thing.

Cheers! -- Jim O.

--
Jim Omura, 2A King George's Drive, Toronto, (416) 652-3880
ihnp4!utzoo!lsuc!jimomura