[comp.sys.atari.st] Needed: One mail Wizard

exodus@uop.EDU (Freddy Kreuger) (11/07/87)

In article <6651@apple.UUCP>, ems@apple.UUCP (Mike Smith) writes:
> We are having some odd behaviours from sendmail.  Return addresses are often
> strange, and some mail is being bounced from remote sites.  Unfortunately,
> much mail also gets through just fine.
>
> Rather than muck arround anymore ourselves, we would like to find a mail
> wizard who would like to show us the error of our ways ...  If you are a
> wizard, or know of one, and would like to take on a small contract to tell

Can we take this mean that Apple has none of their own?

> us what we are doing wrong; please contact me.
> E. Michael Smith  (408) 973-3163
> I don't read these groups but the following mail addresses ought to work ...
... deleted
> 'If you can dream it, you can do it'  Walt Disney
Geez, Typical Apple quote... build a computer (?) in a garage and expect
the masses to buy it... and believe it is the only company which is good
enough to play with mice...

> This is the obligatory disclaimer of everything. (Including but
> not limited to: typos, spelling, diction, logic, and nuclear war)
Hardware?  Software?

And is Apple really considering a Un*x system?  I find it hard to believe.
Isn't mail now considered an essential part of a _real_ computer running
Un*x?  Oh well...  Just thought this was funny  :-)  Apple will always
need outside help.

Send flames to /dev/null or at least the console where someone else has to
read them.

G. Onufer

PS.  Anybody know the cheapest way to expand my 1040?  I am in that market
now (memory that is...).  BTW, anybody try WordUp yet?  I have the Degas
Screen dumps of it that were posted to GEnie and they look good.  I was just
wondering if anybody has _used_ it yet!

Anybody want to write screen drivers for microemacs that are as fast as
Tempus'??  That would be a way to make money (I'd pay).