[comp.sys.atari.st] Worst product name award

scott@applix.UUCP (Scott Evernden) (11/11/87)

Moses PromiseLAN        ?   ???

cm450s02@uhccux.UUCP (jeff t. segawa) (11/12/87)

In article <618@applix.UUCP> scott@applix.UUCP (Scott Evernden) writes:
>Moses PromiseLAN        ?   ???

Hmmm. That IS pretty bad. I thought Lotus had the worst name with
"Modern Jazz". After Symphony and Jazz, I can't help but wonder what
the next product will be called. Lotus Heavy Metal, perhaps? Why no one
at Lotus ever thought of calling the new product "4-5-6" is beyond me.

farren@gethen.UUCP (11/12/87)

In article <618@applix.UUCP> scott@applix.UUCP (Scott Evernden) writes:
>Moses PromiseLAN        ?   ???

And, as any biblical scholar will tell you, Moses never reached the
Promised Land, but died first.  Probably the first recorded incident
of vaporware :-)

--
----------------
Michael J. Farren      "... if the church put in half the time on covetousness

pchris@sim.Berkeley.EDU (Chris Perleberg) (11/12/87)

In article <1107@uhccux.UUCP> cm450s02@uhccux.UUCP (jeff t. segawa) writes:
>In article <618@applix.UUCP> scott@applix.UUCP (Scott Evernden) writes:
>>Moses PromiseLAN        ?   ???
>
>Hmmm. That IS pretty bad. I thought Lotus had the worst name with
>"Modern Jazz". After Symphony and Jazz, I can't help but wonder what
>the next product will be called. Lotus Heavy Metal, perhaps? Why no one
>at Lotus ever thought of calling the new product "4-5-6" is beyond me.

Maybe not such a bad name after all.  It'll be 40 years before we see
that "Promised LAN" ;-)

javoskamp@watmath.UUCP (11/13/87)

In article <329@gethen.UUCP> farren@gethen.UUCP (Michael J. Farren) writes:
>In article <618@applix.UUCP> scott@applix.UUCP (Scott Evernden) writes:
>>Moses PromiseLAN        ?   ???
>And, as any biblical scholar will tell you, Moses never reached the
>Promised Land, but died first.  Probably the first recorded incident
>of vaporware :-)
True he didn't get into the promised land, but he did get to see it.
It's more like getting the product announcement sheet, seeing a demo,
but never getting any hands-on experience.

"It'll be here next week."
"But I won't be."
"Sorry fellow."

Jeff Voskamp
--
Do I have to include a joke?  No, that's only for rec.humor
bang path: {allegra,decvax,utzoo,clyde}!watmath!javoskamp