[comp.sys.atari.st] IKBD commands/reads

JEMCCABE@MTUS5.BITNET (11/13/87)

Date:    13 November 1987, 14:14:54 EST
From:    Jim McCabe                                JEMCCABE at MTUS5
To:      INFO-ATARI16 at SCORE.STANFORD.EDU
Subject: IKBD commands/reads

Is there an easy way to get the clock time from the keyboard?
It would be nice to use a clock with one second resolution instead
of GEMDOS's 2 second clock.

I would also like to be able to set this clock.

I know that there is an XBIOS call to send bytes to the keyboard,
but how do we receive them?  (I have no idea where the keyboard
packets are sent or what format they have or ...  you get the picture. :)

Just in case anyone cares, I'm using Personal Pascal.

                                                Jim McCabe
                                                jemccabe @ mtus5.bitnet

trb@stag.UUCP ( Todd Burkey ) (11/14/87)

In response for the request for information on how to read/write the
keyboard clock (and get timing with <2 second resolution), I would
suggest that you look at the source (OSS Pascal) for DCLOCK which I
posted for a friend about 2-3 months ago. It ran color only, but in
answer to those of you who asked for a mono version, I think Steve
Pauley (the author) is looking into one...Of course, if anyone has
already modified the resource and source to run mono, please post
it...
  -Todd Burkey
  trb@stag.UUCP