Date:         Fri, 8 May 1987 00:34 CDT
From:         a.d. jensen <UD040164@NDSUVM1>
Subject:      Upgrades (good news ?)
To:           <INFO-ATARI16@SCORE.STANFORD.EDU>

A buddy of mine called up Atari on an unrelated thing, and asked whoever
he was talking to what the status of the Blitter was.  What a surprise...

According to this 'source', 520 (that's all he asked about) owners will
be able to buy an upgrade that has:

A) Blitter (with new ROM)
B) 1 meg upgrade
C) Nicad internal clock

The price she said?  $150.  If this is true, this is the thing that Atari
needs to get some of us crabs off their backs.  My check will be in the
mail 20 minutes after I hear that 'its time to send in for it.'

If anyone at Atari has comments, I'd sure like to hear them...

dale

870646c@aucs.UUCP (barry comer) (11/20/87)

Keywords:Alice, Assempro, MegaMax C

Has there been any upgrades to the following programs in the last 6 months?
Assempro(bugs in the editor)
MegaMax C(they stated that there were upgrading in the mags.)
Alice(comes with a free upgrade card, also they mentioned a compiler??)
If anyone has any info on these products could they post it to the net for
the benifit(?) of all.
thanx
Barry