[comp.sys.atari.st] need help - atari monitor adjustmen

ftw@datacube.UUCP (11/24/87)

mzyla@dasys1.UUCP writes:
> In article <242@xrxns.UUCP> toml@xrxns.UUCP (Tom Love) writes:
> >i acquired a monochrome atari monitor for pretty cheap a few months back.
> >the only problem is that the display quality isn't really great.  though

<deleted>

> But as to the slightly rotated picture,
> I too had that problem in a minor way...You need to open the case and
> locate the plastic collar towards the front of the tube. It will likely be
> the very first object. Now by GENTLY rotating this collar you will be
> able to correct the problem.

More precisely, you will need to rotate the yoke.  The yoke is the large,
round electromagnet around the neck of the CRT proper.  You will have
to loosen a small clamp which is located just forward of the CRT socket.
Rotate the yoke until the picture is no longer tilted.  Be careful not to
touch any terminals on the yoke while doing this.

There are adjustments on the chassis which will allow you to enlarge the
size of the picture somewhat.  For the horizontal dimension, there will be
a trim-pot with the marking "width" near it.  There are usually two
adjustments for the vertical.  One is usually marked "vert. size", and the
other "vert. linearity".  The "size" adjustment will make the picture
larger in the vertical dimension, and the other (simply put) will make sure
that identical characters at the top of the screen are the same height as
those at the bottom.

You will need a very small, flat blade screwdriver to turn these adjustments.
If you have insulated or better yet plastic tools, I'd reccomend using those.
It's kinda easy to have an ordinary screwdriver slip on you while you're
watching the screen and making adjustments.

>                    I\  /I ____________________________________
> Martin Zyla        I \/ I     /
> Big Electric Cat   I    I    /   {allegra,philabs,cmcl2}!phri!dasys1!mzyla
> New York, NY, USA  I    I   /         {bellcore,cmcl2}!cucard!dasys1!mzyla
>                    I    I  /         GEnie:mzyla DELPHI:gmz CIS:74216,1372

				Farrell T. Woods

Datacube Inc. Systems / Software Group	4 Dearborn Rd. Peabody, Ma 01960
VOICE:	617-535-6644;	FAX: (617) 535-5643;  TWX: (710) 347-0125
INTERNET: ftw@datacube.COM
UUCP: {rutgers, ihnp4, mirror}!datacube!ftw