[comp.sys.atari.st] Landon Dyer

apratt@atari.UUCP (Allan Pratt) (11/24/87)

in article <3749@trwrb.UUCP>, sansom@trwrb.UUCP (Richard Sansom) says:

> What`s going on here?
>
>>From: landon@apple.UUCP (Landon Dyer)
>
> Does this mean that our last reliable inside source at Atari has jumped
> ship?  Anyone out there interested in buying a 1040 (only half ;-) ?
>
> -Rich
> --
> Richard E. Sansom
> TRW Space & Defense, Redondo Beach, CA
> {decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4}!trwrb!sansom

Well, since he chose to make it public this way, I am compelled to
confirm: Landon Dyer left Atari Corp.  recently in favor of Apple
Computer.  It is not for me to say here what his reasons were: ask him.

I am now The Keeper Of GEMDOS, The BIOS, and Things Like That.  My
subtitle is Loremaster, since so much of the OS is folklore.  Landon has
an agreement with Atari to maintain Mad Mac, but that is the extent of
his connection with us.

I wasn't keeping this secret; I just didn't tell anybody.  (You all
certainly did notice that he wasn't on the net any more...)

Anyway, keep those cards and letters coming!