[comp.sys.atari.st] Cheap monochrome monitors

lharris@utgpu.UUCP (11/23/87)

Has anyone tried to hook up an ibm type monochrome monitor to the ST.
I know the frequencies are different, as is the horizontal sync polarity
but with some minor tweaking it should be possible.  The reason for doing
this is ibm monitors around here can be had for about $60-80.  The atari
monitor is more than double that.
thanks
/leonard

In article <1987Nov22.162657.21962@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu> lharris@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Leonard Harris) writes:

> Has anyone tried to hook up an ibm type monochrome monitor to the ST.
> I know the frequencies are different, as is the horizontal sync polarity
> but with some minor tweaking it should be possible.  The reason for doing
> this is ibm monitors around here can be had for about $60-80.  The atari
> monitor is more than double that.
> thanks

Sorry, the scan rates are too different.  The Atari monochrome monitor
uses a > 30 KHz scan rate vs. the 18 KHz scan on the IBM monochrome
monitor.  This is beyond the range of any adjustments or simple fixes.

--
George Robbins - now working for,	uucp: {uunet|ihnp4|rutgers}!cbmvax!grr
Commodore, Engineering Department	fone: 215-431-9255 (h fh fh <312 <312