[comp.sys.atari.st] just GDOS fonts

c9c-eh@dorothy.Berkeley.EDU (Warner Young (WHY)) (11/30/87)

In article <394@sdcc15.UUCP> cp78@sdcc15.UUCP (Tai,Li-Cheng) writes:

>Second, is there any PD GDOS fonts? Any GDOS font editor?  I am using Easy-Draw
>and would like to have more fonts.  Migraph is selling font packages, including
>2 fonts, at $30 each.  I think that's kind of expensive.  Also, is Digas fonts
>useable with Easy-Draw?  Any information will be approciated.

	Well, the information on fonts in the GEM docs are pretty specific,
	for once, and barring any errors in those, I hope to write a GDOS
	font editor this coming Christmas (oh, sorry, Berkeley calls it a
	Winter) Break.  Until then, I believe DEGAS Elite has a program
	that converts old DEGAS fonts to GDOS format.  This is not great,
	but it's the only thing there is, aside from $30 for two fonts.

Disclaimer:  I'm not associated with		 \  /\   /arner
	the latest revision of SANITY.		  \/  \_/
Address: ucbvax!dorothy!c9c-eh			        |oung
	 c9c-eh@dorothy.Berkeley.EDU		     \__|

rwa@auvax.UUCP (12/02/87)

In article <5131@zen.berkeley.edu>, c9c-eh@dorothy.Berkeley.EDU (Warner Young (WHY)) writes:
> 	Well, the information on fonts in the GEM docs are pretty specific,
> 	for once, and barring any errors in those, I hope to write a GDOS
> 	font editor this coming Christmas (oh, sorry, Berkeley calls it a
> 	Winter) Break.

I have a little tool named GEMFED (GEM Font EDitor, I b'lieve), which I got
from the Atari Canada bulletin board which does just that.  I don't know
the copyright status though, and thus will not post it till I find out.
Anyway, don't waste your time one reinventing the wheel, write something NEW.

--
Ross Alexander @ Athabasca University
alberta!auvax!rwa