[comp.sys.atari.st] the perfect ram disk

gpm@dukempd.UUCP (Guy Metcalfe) (12/09/87)

I have Mike's Ramdisk v. .95, and like the idea of what it's trying to do.
It has a dialogue box as if it were resizable, but it's very buggy.  Could
someone send me a later version that works like it's dialogue implies it
should.  What I would like best of all is an eternal ram disk that I can
size up and down as I see fit, but which sizes down without letting me
destroy any data I may have on the disk.  If anybody has and would send me
or knows where I could get such a beast, I would be grateful.  Thanks.
--
	Guy Metcalfe                            gpm@dukempd.uucp
	Duke University Dept. of Physics	mcnc!duke!dukempd!gpm

frankg@nikhefk.UUCP (Frank Geerling) (12/10/87)

In article <427@dukempd.UUCP> gpm@dukempd.UUCP (Guy Metcalfe) writes:
>I have Mike's Ramdisk v. .95, and like the idea of what it's trying to do.
>It has a dialogue box as if it were resizable, but it's very buggy.  Could
>someone send me a later version that works like it's dialogue implies it
>should.  What I would like best of all is an eternal ram disk that I can
>size up and down as I see fit, but which sizes down without letting me
>destroy any data I may have on the disk.  If anybody has and would send me
>or knows where I could get such a beast, I would be grateful.  Thanks.
>--
>	Guy Metcalfe                            gpm@dukempd.uucp

Please send it to me too, I also have Mike's Ramdisk and the resize doesn't
work it doesn't return allocated memory when you resize to a smaller amount
of memory.

Thanx in advance

			   Frank Geerling
			(frankg@nikhefk.uucp)