[comp.sys.atari.st] Atari Repair Centers

terrell@laidbak.UUCP (12/07/87)

My Atari 520 ST is crashed, and I need to get it repaired.  Does anyone
know if there are any trustworthy factory-authorized Atari service centers
in the Chicago area?

Also, what is the telephone number of Atari service?

Also, if I were to send my computer to Atari, will they put in the latest
roms?  The blitter?

I'm reluctant to send the unit to Atari because when I did this last time
it took about 3 months to get it back (Atari was doing inventory, and
although the replacement system was packed and ready to go, they refused
to let anything out of the warehouse until the inventory was over)!

Thanks in advance,

Eric Terrell

neil@atari.UUCP (Neil Harris) (12/12/87)

In article <1270@laidbak.UUCP>, terrell@laidbak.UUCP (Eric R. Terrell) writes:

> My Atari 520 ST is crashed, and I need to get it repaired.  Does anyone
> know if there are any trustworthy factory-authorized Atari service centers
> in the Chicago area?

There's a very good one that I know of.  Try the Software Plus stores.  They
do lots of ST service work, and should be well supplied with spare parts.

> Also, what is the telephone number of Atari service?

408-745-2367 is the number for Atari customer relations.  They should be able
to help you -- but the phones are crazy this time of year.

> Also, if I were to send my computer to Atari, will they put in the latest
> roms?  The blitter?

No such luck.  The only blitters so far are inside of Megas.

> I'm reluctant to send the unit to Atari because when I did this last time
> it took about 3 months to get it back (Atari was doing inventory, and
> although the replacement system was packed and ready to go, they refused
> to let anything out of the warehouse until the inventory was over)!

Inventory takes closer to 3 days than to 3 months.  Do you remember who at
Atari told you that?  We're usually pretty good about product turnaround.
--
--->Neil Harris, Director of Marketing Communications, Atari Corporation
UUCP: ...{hoptoad, lll-lcc, pyramid, imagen, sun}!atari!neil