[comp.sys.atari.st] problem with ue3.9e on atari

abi@dutinfd.UUCP (Ton Biegstraaten) (12/17/87)

Ue did compile without a complaining and it also works as expected, except
once in 5 to 10 times my machine goes dead and needs a reset. It is before
or after a file is read or written. I use ue from gulam, but it also happens
from the desktop or msh.
I have a harddisk and no idea what's wrong.
Anybody out there has similar problems or no problems at all?
I recompiled the original version, because I changed the input to allow
the keypad to be used as function keys(I use my atari as a vt100 on UNIX
and that ue allows the keypad as function keys), but the problem is the same
with the original version.
HELP please

Ton Biegstraaten

nwd@j.cc.purdue.edu (Daniel Lawrence) (12/20/87)

In article <713@dutinfd.UUCP> abi@dutinfd.UUCP (Ton Biegstraaten) writes:
>Ue did compile without a complaining and it also works as expected, except
>once in 5 to 10 times my machine goes dead and needs a reset. It is before
>or after a file is read or written. I use ue from gulam, but it also happens
>from the desktop or msh.

>Ton Biegstraaten

	Ton,

		What machine? What hard drive? What compiler? As provided
	MicroEMACS 3.9e has only been extensivly tested under MWC which
	is what I recomend it being compiled under. We need more info
	to diagnose this.

			Daniel Lawrence		(317) 742-5153
			UUCP:	{ihnp4!pur-ee!}j.cc.purdue.edu!nwd
			ARPA:	nwd@j.cc.purdue.edu
			FIDO:	201/2 The Programmer's Room (317) 742-5533