[comp.sys.atari.st] CP/M Z80 Emulator

pjh@mccc.UUCP (Peter J. Holsberg) (12/22/87)

I'm looking for a CP/M - Z80 emulator that will run on a 680x0-based
computer.  Please email if you know of such a beast.  Thx.

--
Peter Holsberg                          UUCP: {rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
Technology Division                     CompuServe: 70240,334

trb@stag.UUCP ( Todd Burkey ) (12/25/87)

In article <104@mccc.UUCP> pjh@mccc.UUCP (Peter J. Holsberg) writes:
>I'm looking for a CP/M - Z80 emulator that will run on a 680x0-based
>computer.  Please email if you know of such a beast.  Thx.

There is a very nice PD one for the ST...If I remember right, the docs
for it seemed to indicate that the original 'port' source would work
on any 68000 computer (it has been over a year since I played with
it, so the name of the company that wrote it escapes me). Atari did
put this out as a PD disk, so maybe Neil can help? If not, I'm sure
you could get the disk from your local Atari club...

I recall getting about 1.5MHz to 3Mz throughput on most of the
programs I had from the ATR8000 days...things like Perfect Writer,
Wordstar, Turbo Pascal, etc all worked fine. I even used some of my
wifes software that I copied over from her Geneva portable and it
ran fine (but emulating a 80 char by 8 line display).

  -Todd Burkey
   trb@stag.UUCP

root@dg2kk.UUCP (The Superuser) (01/02/88)

In article <104@mccc.UUCP> pjh@mccc.UUCP (Peter J. Holsberg) writes:
| I'm looking for a CP/M - Z80 emulator that will run on a 680x0-based
| computer.  Please email if you know of such a beast.  Thx.
|

| Trenton, NJ 08690                       Voice: 1-609-586-4800
There is a PD CP/M Emulator (in software) available for the Atari-ST.
It seems that the Atari Version was originally written for a CPM68k system.

-Walter