[comp.sys.atari.st] krabat picture problems

UD138985@NDSUVM1.BITNET (01/09/88)

Hello there...

     I recently got the latest version of Krabat and got it all decoded, etc.
I am having troubles with the picture files.  Everytime I start the game
by double clicking on the file it starts up, asks where are the pictures in
an alert box, and aborts.  I put the pictures in the root directory, in a
subdirectory called pictures like I did with the origional, and in other
directories with every 'logical' name I could think of.  Has anyone else had th
is problem?  What am I doing wrong???  What directory do the pictures go in?

     Thanks in advance for any replies.

     Bob

BITNET: UD138985 at NDSUVM1

franco@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (01/14/88)

Put the pictures in a directory named PICTURES

BRIGHT@DALAC.BITNET (BOB BRIGHT) (01/19/88)

>     I recently got the latest version of Krabat and got it all decoded, etc.
>I am having troubles with the picture files.  Everytime I start the game
>by double clicking on the file it starts up, asks where are the pictures in
>an alert box, and aborts.  I put the pictures in the root directory, in a
>subdirectory called pictures like I did with the origional, and in other
>directories with every 'logical' name I could think of. Has anyone else had th
>is problem?  What am I doing wrong???  What directory do the pictures go in?
>
>     Thanks in advance for any replies.
>
>     Bob
>
>BITNET: UD138985 at NDSUVM1

     If the version of krabat you have is v1.1 (if it's higher, could you
pleeeease send me a copy :-)), and you *didn't* get it from atarinet or
listserv@canada01, then the pictures should probably go into PICTURES.BW
or PICTURES.COL, depending on whether you're running in high or medium
res.  If you *did* get your copy from one of the file servers mentioned
above, try putting everything (pictures, openings, etc.) in a folder KRA
(or KRAB, I can't remember which) in your root directory.
     Why the difference?  A friend of mine sent me v1.1 about a year ago.
I didn't like having the files hanging about in various directories, so
I used a disk editor to hack the program so it searched for all the files
in one directory.  I subsequently posted copies of that edited version to
atarinet and listserv.  That was probably a no-no, but I neglected to keep
a copy of the original, and it didn't seem worth the trouble to change it
back.  (Besides, that was back in the days when everyone was living in mortal
fear of the DREADED 40-FOLDER BUG. :-))
     BTW, has anyone had any problems with krabat1.1 running in color?  I
run it in high res, and it's never so much as dreamed of cheating on me,
but some friends of mine with color monitors claim the program is bug-
ridden.

BBB

Bob Bright <BRIGHT@DALAC.BITNET>
Philosophy Dept.
Dalhousie University
Halifax, NS  B3H 3J5

georgew@tekig4.TEK.COM (George Walker) (01/22/88)

In article <36500029@iuvax> franco@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu writes:
>Put the pictures in a directory named PICTURES

For the color version of krabat, they go in PICTURES.COL.