[comp.sys.atari.st] I just read a note....

woodside@ttidca.TTI.COM (George Woodside) (01/22/88)

In article <8801201456.AA03282@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> FORTNEY@FNALB.BITNET writes:

>     A recent note warns not to run PARK with a hard disk window open.
>Can someone explain the problem.  I've been doing this for some time
>with no ill effect that I can see.  Of course I only do it when shutting
>down.

There is a significant difference between "PARK" and "SHIP".

"SHIP" exits after homing the head. TOS will then attempt to read the
directories and update the Desktop display. This causes trouble, since the
heads have been homed.

"PARK" never exits. You can run it from anything, with any windows open.
It homes the heads, then loops forever.

--
*George R. Woodside - Citicorp/TTI - Santa Monica, CA