[comp.sys.atari.st] one more vote for PD multitasking

UD138985@NDSUVM1.BITNET (01/16/88)

was enough interest, he would make his multitasking kernel public domain.
Let me add my vote for the PD kernel.  I want/need multitasking bad
enough now that I am considering buying an Amiga 500 to get it.  (Drop
the flamethrowers guys :-)  ).

     Thanks for listening,

     Bob

BITNET: UD138985 at NDSUVM1

dag@chinet.UUCP (Daniel A. Glasser) (01/28/88)

In article <657@usl-pc.UUCP> jpdres13@usl-pc.UUCP (John Joubert) writes:
>-------------------
>
>Yes, let's have Multi-tasking C-shell in the public domain!
>
>Thanks Beckemeyer!

I believe that you have this wrong.

David is talking about the underlying multi-tasking OS, not the C-Shell!

MicroRTX is _not_ the multitasking C shell, the mutitasking C shell
uses MicroRTX.  I have the MicroRTX kit, and it works fine.  I just
wish I had enough time to make all of the utilities that I work on
run under it properly, especially the Mark Williams symbolic debugger,
db, and the Mark Williams Micro Shell (msh).  Unfortunatly, the PTB
(powers that be) don't want me spending time on it.

If MicroRTX becomes widespread, maybe I can get enough of an argument
together to get the PTB to let me do it.

--
Nobody at the place where I work	Daniel A. Glasser
knows anything about my opinions	...!ihnp4!chinet!dag