[comp.sys.atari.st] GENST

JEMCCABE@MTUS5.BITNET (01/10/88)

Date:    9 January 1988, 11:05:13 EST
From:    Jim McCabe                                JEMCCABE at MTUS5
To:      INFO-ATARI16 at SCORE.STANFORD.EDU
Subject: GENST

[]

In my search for a public domain assembler, I was told that the Atari
BBS has one called GENST.  (Without docs, though.)  If anyone has it
could you please send it to Houston fileserver (or me directly?).

Thanks!

+-----------------------+------------------------------------+
|  Jim McCabe           |  BITNET:  jemccabe @ mtus5.bitnet  |
|  G31 ECH MTU          |  UUCP:    mccabe2  @ mtuvaxb.uucp  |
|  Houghton, MI  49931  |           mccabe   @ m-net.uucp    |
+-----------------------+------------------------------------+

tim@brspyr1.BRS.Com (Tim Northrup) (01/30/88)

Could someone out there please lend some assistence with the use of the
GENST.PRG program?  I picked it up the other day from the Atari BBS, and
I can manage some of it, but have some questions.

	* The version I got was 0.90 dated 1985.  Is this the latest
	  version?  If not, what is and where can I get it?

	* There was NO documentation that I could find on the Atari BBS
	  for this program.  Does any exist?  How would I get that?

	* I was able to figure out that you use "DS" in the opcode space
	  to define a space of n words, and "DC" to define a word constant.
	  How do I define a string constant?  I tried a bunch of things,
	  but all I could get to work is something like:

			DC  "Th","is"," i","s ","a ","co","ns","ta","nt"

	  I would rather do something like:

			DCC  "This is a constant"

	* When doing an ASSEMBLE with listing going to the screen, there
	  seems to be no way to stop the scrolling of the output, and once
	  it is done the mouse pointer goes away, so I can't use the slider
	  bars on the window to scroll the listing back.  Is there any way
	  to either pause the listing while it is going on, or scroll back
	  and forth within the listing once the assembly is finished?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
							-- Tim
--
tim@brspyr1.BRS.Com