[comp.sys.atari.st] SH204 HARD DISK!

870646c@aucs.UUCP (barry comer) (01/29/88)

Over the last few months I have been reading about people that have been having nothing but trouble with their SH204's. For some reason, for which I cannot
understand, my SH204 has never had any of these problems. It has never given
me one bit of trouble(the power has gone out several times, it has been banged
, etc.). I guess that I must have one in a million???? I am sure that there
must be a reason for it, I hear that some of the first 204's had different
controllers in them, is this true?
later
Barry

rwa@auvax.UUCP (Ross Alexander) (02/02/88)

In article <805@aucs.UUCP>, 870646c@aucs.UUCP (barry comer) writes:
> Over the last few months I have been reading about people that have been having nothing but trouble with their SH204's. For some reason, for which I cannot
> understand, my SH204 has never had any of these problems. It has never given

Mine's (and all the others around here) been flawless.  I think it has to do
with making regular backups; if you back up the disk once a week, you will
never have problems.  On the other hand, if you don't make backups, you can
expect trouble.  I believe this is some corollary to Murphy's Law :-/.

Ross Alexander, Athabasca University
alberta!auvax!rwa