[comp.sys.atari.st] Dev Kit

neil@atari.UUCP (Neil Harris) (02/02/88)

Couldn't get mail through on this one, so am posting to the net:

Date: Sat, 30 Jan 88 21:56:48 PST
From: ames!scubed!sdcsvax!pnet01.cts.com!sreeb (Ed Beers)
To: atari!neil
Subject: Re: developers kit

I keep hearing persistant rumors that a new version of the developers kit with
Mark Williams C included will soon be available.  Any truth to this.  If not,
any chance you guys will unbundle the documantation from the software?

UUCP: {cbosgd hplabs!hp-sdd sdcsvax nosc}!crash!pnet01!sreeb
ARPA: crash!pnet01!sreeb@nosc.mil
INET: sreeb@pnet01.cts.com

Answer:

The current developer kit includes Mark WIlliams C for the $300 price, which
includes the Atari documentation and technical support.

The documentation is available separately for $100.  Alcyon C is available
for $20.

--
--->Neil Harris, Director of Marketing Communications, Atari Corporation
UUCP: ...{hoptoad, lll-lcc, pyramid, imagen, sun}!atari!neil

bob@wiley.UUCP (Bob Amstadt) (02/04/88)

In article <964@atari.UUCP> neil@atari.UUCP (Neil Harris) writes:
>The current developer kit includes Mark WIlliams C for the $300 price, which
>includes the Atari documentation and technical support.

Is there a reduced priced for people who already bought
MWC? I know that that's asking for something for nothing, but
it's always worth trying.
--
		---Bob Amstadt
		bob@wiley.uucp

juancho@dgp.toronto.edu (John Buchanan) (02/04/88)

In article <964@atari.UUCP> neil@atari.UUCP (Neil Harris) writes:
>The current developer kit includes Mark WIlliams C for the $300 price, which
>includes the Atari documentation and technical support.
>
>The documentation is available separately for $100.  Alcyon C is available
>for $20.
:-(

Hmmm.  I can get the MW c compiler for $175 from MW.  Dev docs for
$100.  175+100 = 275.  This means that atari makes 25 dollars for
nothing.

	Wake up atari we are not that stupid.

Some may argue that the $25 is beeing used for support.  Well the $25
will not be worth it until we see some support.

:-(

| Typical conversation on comp.[atari|amiga|mac].*		    |
My watch is better than yours.  It has multitasking, windows and
plays Old macdonald has a farm.  I will not listen to reason, of