[comp.sys.atari.st] Atari Olympics?

rjung@castor.usc.edu (Robert Jung) (02/19/88)

I was watching the Winter Olympics the other night, and saw a teevee
commericla for the 520 ST (nice and slick, too). Question is, is this a
locally-sponsored ad, or (gasp!) is the rest of the continental United
States getting the commercial?

  Also, how many other Atarians in netland have seen Atari
commercials with somewhat recurring frequency? Considering that one of
Atari's biggest problems (in my book) is lack of mass-advertising, this
might be a good sign...

						--R.J.
						B-)

P.S. When are we going to see 8-page, glossy-paper atari foldouts in
Time magazine?

stowe@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (holly) (02/20/88)

In article <270@nunki.usc.edu> rjung@castor.usc.edu (Robert Jung) writes:

>locally-sponsored ad, or (gasp!) is the rest of the continental United
>States getting the commercial?

As I understand from Neil Harris, the ads are on the west coast only
and are sponsored by Federated.