[comp.sys.atari.st] Librarian for Lattice C 3.04

FKERONNE@HLERUL52.BITNET (02/14/88)

Hi folks,

Could somebody please tell me if there is a librarian available for the
Lattice C 3.04 compiler?

I tried to use the librarian of the Megamac C compiler on the libraries ending
on .O without succes.

Does someone know the format of the *.bin object files and the format of the
*.bin libraries supplied with the compiler?  Perhaps it would be possible to
write my own librarian.

Thanks in advance,

Victor Ronnen

Earn: FKERONNE@HLERUL52

P.S. Please send your messages to the net, I think that other people will also
be interested in this topic.

wes@obie.UUCP (Barnacle Wes) (02/22/88)

In article <8802141427.AA10755@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, FKERONNE@HLERUL52.BITNET writes:
> Does someone know the format of the *.bin object files and the format of the
> *.bin libraries supplied with the compiler?  Perhaps it would be possible to
> write my own librarian.

The GST Linker used by Lattice C does not have a "library" format.
The library files are just concatenations of object files.  If you
have a shell of any sort, you can add a file to a library as follows:

mv library.bin temp.bin
cat temp.bin newfile.bin > library.bin
rm temp.bin

Extracting a file out, or removing a file, would be trickier: you
would have to read the header information for the first object, skip
over it, read the header info for the second object, and so on until
you came to the file you want.

--
    /\              -  "Against Stupidity,  -    {backbones}!
   /\/\  .    /\    -  The Gods Themselves  -  utah-cs!utah-gr!